Sunday 14 April 2013

Color This Quote

For this months Color This Quote challenge over at Artists in Blogland, the quote to inspire us was:
'Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else' 
 Judy Garland



I used Adirondack Colour Wash inks, chalk pastels, and a stencil/mask from The Crafters Workshop.  I used an old Stampers Anonymous rubber stamp as I felt the words 'Aspire, Astonish, Amaze' really fitted in to this months theme, and I summarized the quote in keeping with the simplicity of the image - I didn't want it too 'wordy'.   I have long had a love affair with the colour combination orange and purple, and although this was going to be aqua and brown originally, I am quite pleased that in some totally inexplicable way it turned into orange and purple!

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful page.... I just love her pose, the script and the colours. Everything really!!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Diana, your art journal page is awesome! Love the beautiful stamp image and fantastic colors. Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous creation! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely page Diana. I like the way you have used the mask to achieve some shading. I also like the combination of the ink and the pastels. Have you tried Pan Pastels they are lovely to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh love it, a wonderful quote and what a perfect mask for it. She is clearly a strong woman taking no you know what from anyone! And great colors - I think I have that same Adirondack spray - purple and orange are so striking together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the quote. I love how it ended up being the colors you love most. Great use of the mask too! Thanks for joining us at AIB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful piece of art. The colours are lovely and everything just fits together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! Very elegant and calm. And definitely true to your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I like the intensity of color close to the body and the fading as is goes outward.

    ReplyDelete