Thursday 26 January 2012

TAG TUESDAY - VINTAGE THEME

I've had a great time making this weeks vintage tag - I used a wonderful old photograph of my Great Grandfathers friend on a Penny Farthing.  It was taken in the early days of the Raleigh Cycle company where they both worked. I've used it before in art work and just love it.




I also found a very old book called The Art and Pastime of Cycling that belonged to my Great Grandfather and I copied the title and a chart about cycling onto acetate and placed it above the collaged tag to add another layer.
Two genuine old stamps complete this happy, carefree image of the world being his oyster! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm love the layering and am very drawn to the style of font you've used, I'm already looking forward to your next tag!

    ReplyDelete