Wednesday 28 February 2024

Kickstarting Creativity!

 Making small collages for the last couple of weeks has been a good way to kickstart my creativity.  However, sometimes I struggle with what to do with the blank piece of paper in front of me - so I've come up with a prompt jar.  I've written colours and themes on different coloured paper squares and I can dip in and get a starting point for my next collages.  I've thrown a few 'techniques' into the mix as well in case I'm really stuck!
This week I picked out 'yellow' and 'tree houses'.  The combination didn't exactly thrill me and I was tempted to re-pick, but that's not really in the spirit things.  I also felt week one was a little early to give up on the idea, so I went with it and started enjoying myself!


12 little squares being worked on - a mix of home made collage papers, some wrapping paper and a few old postage stamps thrown in - and a bit more of an emphasis on ladders than I was expecting!

I'm linking up with Julia over at WOYWW this week.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't repick . . . . that is a really bright and cheerful page! Makes me smile so thank you for that
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely is that predominant colour of yellow. A colour I rarely use yet Jo Rice has been using it recently and I have been inspired, now you come along with that gorgeous collage and it makes me want more and more to get in my craft room and go yellow in some way. Your page looks fabulous!
    I have been looking at some You Tubes but i could do with someone who can crochet to sit beside me I think. I am a practical person and learn mostly by following someone. Anyway, I will persevere, I am determined not to be beaten. I have mastered it once (years ago) and will do so again.
    Love the pot full of prompts idea.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cheerful page. We used prompts at my local writers’ meeting - you get some odd mixes! Now I must go and try out yellow foliage for my tree landscape!
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, a lovely use of yellow. Happy crafting. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, any good tree house worth its salt has to have a sturdy ladder! I love the yellow so much, just what I enjoy seeing on a grey grim day in Wales! Thanks for you kind words, I’m always up for a FaceTime chat, give me a call xx
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely use of yellow. I think that prompt would have stumped me, you did well to make it work for you. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea for inspiration and your results are really fab.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #7

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look fabulous Diana glad you stuck with the prompts. Visiting having been up to the hospital with Hubby getting additional pain relief. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's excellent, Diana, love the prompt jar idea and especially what you came up with using tree houses and yellow. Super Job Hugs BJ#10

    ReplyDelete
  10. The prompt jar sounds like a great idea and I'm loving the results. I am not a lover of yellow however but it worked really well for you. I must be brave and give it a go. I am finding these square grids are a great way to create something without thinking too much which is something I do too often. We've been out all day today so on catch up. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the use of the yellow! I'm trying to embrace wearing brighter colours and I'm currently wearing a yellow cardigan so I approve! The little pops of brown and black on the ladders etc are great contrast too. Love it! Have a great week. Lisa-Jane #13 www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to kick start your crafty activities! The yellow is a wonderfully cherry colour for a cold damp day. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has turned out beautifully! What a good idea to have a pick jar! Happy WOYWW! Susan #1

    ReplyDelete