Wednesday 20 December 2023

Silver Pendants and WOYWW

 It's been such a long time since I blogged and I don't even have the excuse of having moved over to Instagram!  I've just been unmotivated and rather preoccupied with other issues and I've really not been in the right frame of mind for being creative.  However I couldn't give Christmas a miss, so lately a little crafting has been happening.  I made some silver pendants last week, the ones at the front of the block are white because that's how they come out of the kiln - they need to be wire brushed to bring the shine up like the two at the back, and then they all need to be sanded and polished.

The one at the back of the block I made for myself, from a mold I made of a lump of quartz rock. I finished it last night with some green onyx stones (right-hand photo) and it will match perfectly with a favourite winter top of mine. The smaller pendants are Christmas presents - it won't take long to polish them and add a jump ring to the smallest one.  I'm going to have a go at soldering the jump ring closed if I can - it's not something I've ever done before but I've seen the Hubs soldering and it doesn't look that difficult!



    Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year.

I'm linking up with Julia over at WOYWW







12 comments:

  1. It’s so lovely to see you on the desks this morning, it made me very happy. That pendant with the green stones is absolutely gorgeous and has the real Diana touch, the other items are gorgeous too but the pendant has it for me. I hope you’re ok Diana, you are missed and I have been wondering how you were getting on. Thank you for the beautiful card which is up in my gallery featured today! Hope you have a lovely Christmas xx
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Diane, it is so good to see you here with us again. I have missed seeing your posts and, obviously, your beautiful makes. It was a real Christmas gift to see you here this morning,
    Your pendants are lovely and I am thrilled you are doing some work with silver. Something I have always wanted to have a go at. I did get some paste and try to make a pendant but it was nowhere near as beautiful as yours. I love the quartz rock you made, the stones sit so perfectly upon it and it has a bark like finish which is something I always admire in jewellery.
    Well, I guess I should leave it there but not until I wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas and my Best Wishes for the New Year. Hope we see you soon back with us.
    Lots of Love, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see you sharing your beautiful work again. I am so glad you have felt able to do a bit of gentle crafting - good for the soul. Happy Christmas. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see you today , I've missed you too . Hope you get more crafty vibes going next year ! Happy Christmas, Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane.."DITTO" to the first 3 lines of your post. It's been tough here also. A little better this week, I had a birthday and My hubby is great about doing fun things and my sister came to visit so that was Awesome fun....Your beautiful creations are lovely. ENJOY Merry Christmas to You and Yours. May your days be Merry and Bright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late calling in cos I had a surprise customer this morning who wanted 7 memory bears making before Christmas!!! Hense I've been head down sewing all day and hope to finish them off tomorrow as I am out tonight at Sam's singing concert [He's singing a duet with a little 9 yr old little girl so will be taking my tissues ].
    I'm doing a flying visit today to wish everyone a very happy Christmas. Hope to 'see' you all after the festivities.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit late getting round today as we've been to pick up hubbies new car. I've missed seeing you around here and your lovely art work. The Christmas card was gorgeous. Your pendant is beautiful, love it. I only realised this week when I was reviewing this years crafting projects that I have only done one piece of mixed media assemblage and no resin pieces at all, better fix that next year. Wishing you a very happy woyww Christmas. Hugs Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a very merry Christmas. Your jewellery is lovely. Happy WOYWW Angela #18

    ReplyDelete
  9. GreT to see you Diana, isn't it easy to let life take over and divert your attention! Much like others, I'm asking myself if there's a limit to your skills, these pendants are just gorgeous. Bet while you're soldering you'll be inspired with other ideas for soldering! The pendant with the stones is absolutely lovely, how very you! Wishing you a very happy Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pendants! It's nice to "see" you again! Merry Christmas!🎄❄️🎅 Lindart #20

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how lovely to see you here, gorgeous pendants. Sorry to hear of the lack of motivation, hope the new year brings a new found spark. Have a great Christmastime Hugs BJ#17

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely surprise to see you've posted again! Your work is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete