Wednesday 22 May 2024

Embroidery and WOYWW

I've recently been making a few cards and enjoying the process of dyeing the backgrounds and embroidering the flowers - it's very relaxing.

A while back I came across a holder for embroidery thread bobbins and decided it would be ideal to separate and hold the colours I was currently working with. I just couldn't justify the rather high price of it so the Hubs made one for me - it does the job and keeps the spools tidily in one place while I'm working.   This holds 7 bobbins - a perfect size as I rarely need that many at a time, and I also didn't want it to take up too much room on my desk. 


After 15 years of running WOYWW, Julia has decided to pass the baton on to Sarah.  A big thank you to Julia for all the wonderful work she has done keeping the blog hop up and running for so long - she's done a tremendous job but is now off enjoying a well deserved Wednesday rest and new directions.  So hello to Sarah, and an appreciative thank you for deciding to keep this group going!  
I'm linking up with Sarah over at WOYWW





10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous embroidery and super storage and holder. I've just got into using stitching in my junk journaling but there is a limit to how much I can do before my left hand goes numb (about 3 french knots!) not good :( Love the dyed fabrics they are go cool with the embroidery, such beautiful cards. Hugs BJ#3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to see you on the desks at WOYWW’s new location! Your embroidered and painted cards are so gorgeous, love all the colours! I have floss storage envy, lol! Your hubby did a great job of making the stand and look at all the beautiful colours of the flosses stored in that plastic box behind….oooh….was that something specifically designed for threads or did you do some wrangling?
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embroidered cards - just perfect. The thread stand is brilliant. Such a simple idea but clever too.. we all need one🤣🤣 x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embroidery and that thread holder is brilliant!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful embroidery...what special cards they have made.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there Diana!! Love your little spool holder - the hubsters do come in useful don't they! Those flower cards are beautiful, absolutely stunning work. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diana, it's great to see you here again and loving the new designs. I'm a bit late getting round today as I got the message this morning that my mum died early this morning but it's a relief for her as she's not been doing too well for some time, she was 95. Hope to see you around again. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you Diana, and your designs. Well done hubby for saving money to make the spool holder, (more money for other goodies!) Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow fabulous embroidery! And well done to Hubby too! Simple but great idea! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#17

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever Hubs Diana and such fabulous embroidery too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete