Saturday 23 October 2021

Cyanotype printing

 I have been busy collecting the last of the summer blooms and foliage from the garden, and preserving them for cyanotype printing by pressing them.  In contrast to my husband who is head vegetable gardener I am particularly thrilled with the leaves that have been half eaten by pests or struck with disease - the little holes and nibbled and curled bits add so much more to the print in my opinion!

These prints show Brambles, Raspberry leaves, weeds and Tamarisk, and the last two photos show the Tamarisk print before and after rinsing out.

 



 



 
 
 

 

 

 


4 comments:

  1. So beautiful - the different colours are lovely. I've mostly seen plain blue cyanotypes prints around. And a big yes to the holes and imperfections. As gardener they're a pain, as artist they're a joy!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, and delicate. I had to laugh at the contrast between you and your hubby regarding the garden bugs lol lol!!! I know your penchant for decay! There can't be many people who actually welcome the little critters eating the plants in their garden. I think the perforations and damage in your pieces definitely adds to their interest. Beautiful work, as always, Diana.

    Shoshi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous -- love nature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are all fantastic, I do love the holes and such, gives it character!

    ReplyDelete