Wednesday 23 October 2024

Lanscape collages II

 These landscape collages are a continuation from last week's post where I randomly picked the words 'landscape' and 'brown' from my prompt jar as a starting point for a series of collages.  I decided to carry on with the theme and use up some of the papers I had made, this time working a little bigger and marking out 6 squares in my sketchbook instead of 9.  I think I might work into these a little more but will wait a while and think about it!



I worked these directly into my sketchbook and at some point during the process I decided to work both vertically and horizontally - I wanted to move away from the horizontal horizon line in each one.  However I think individually or paired up  some look better rotated.  Below are the collages as made in the sketchbook and   above are the pairings which include the 4 rotated ones.



I am linking up with Sarah over at WOYWW this week.

7 comments:

  1. They are fantastic Diana - isn’t it interesting how rotating them changed their appearance? You made me think, everything I do is pretty much horizontal (craft wise!), knitting, crochet, I rarely do any painting stressing the vertical. There’s a challenge eh? Be more vertical!!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Diana - lovely Autumnal colour way and a Japanese feel to them, I think. x x Jo 🌈

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Diana - lovely Autumnal colour way and a Japanese feel to them, I think. x x Jo 🌈

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love autumn for its colours, nothing nicer than turning a corner and seeing a tree in all its reds, oranges and golden colours. (Not so much the picking up of leaves in our vast garden that seems to attract leaves from everywhere). You have captured the colours in your small collages perfectly and with the addition of black these are so beautiful.
    I agree with Jo (above) that these have a Japanese feel about them.
    Hugs Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous colours and collages! Have a good week . Happy woyww Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all Diana and it's difficult to know which way round I would prefer them. Gorgeous designs and beautiful autumnal colours too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really loving the colours you're working with and the effects you're getting with them.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete